Packages for RUGER DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVERS
Please note: there are certain combinations of front and rear sight when used in concert With Certain Ammunition Loads that cannot be adequately regulated. As these issues become known they will be posted TO the Tech Note.
Please note: The new-style 2-3/4" and 4" Ruger Redhawk barrel with traditional detachable front sights are not compatible with a DX front sight base conversion.
No. RD01‘Standard Issue’ The most basic modifications necessary to reliable performance. Includes:
· trigger/action tune
· provide/install heavy-duty, extra-pressure mainspring; if necessary
· provide/install Rough Country adjustable rear sight
· extra-length firing pin installation (blue guns reblued)
· provide/ install BCA factory style front sight: crisp, sharp matte finish part for better sight picture; choice of factory-style ramp, Baughman ramp or Patridge blade shape; choice of stock or extra height (plus .040 for factory calibers) for heavy bullets. White-line ramp and McGivern patridge bead blades are available on a custom basis at extra cost. Please inquire.
RD01 $450.00 (for stainless Standard Redhawks and .44 Mag. Super Redhawks only)
RD01B $595.00 (blue)RD01AK/4IN $550.00 (for 4-in. standard and Super Redhawk Alaskan models only)
Please note: rough guns can incur addition metal preparation for bluing which can add to costs.
No. RD01 ‘Standard Issue’No. 2 For the 4-inch Standard and Super Redhawk Alaskan models. Contains all the modifications in the RD01 package but adds a Weigand Combat DX base and a serrated ramp blade. A wide variety of DX and custom sight blades are available at extra cost; please inquire. Original sight pin holes are plugged for best appearance. For best results, we also recommend adding cat. no. R250 Shoot For Regulation.
No. RD02 ‘Alpine’ conversion A handy companion for fishermen and hunters who require a simple, no-nonsense gun that is tough enough to handle heavy-bullet hunting loads that discourage bears and other pests. Available in any standard Redhawk caliber, including the .45 Colt. Modifications include:
· trigger/action tune
· extra-length firing pin installation
· barrel cut to 4 inches and a Weigand DX front sight base and sight blade
· Rough Country rear sight installed
· round-butt grip-frame and reshaped factory grips
· black powder cylinder chamfer
Please Note: There is a $100 surcharge for reshaping laminate grips
Choice of two sight packages:
1. White-outline, square-notch rear blade with white-line front blade
2. V-notch, white post rear blade with tritium dot front blade
RD02 $1,195.00RD02B $1,295.00 (blue)
No. RD02K ‘Kodiak‘ conversion Includes all of the modifications of the standard Alpine except that square-butt grip frame is retained in the interests of improved recoil control and handling. For gun retention, a lanyard ring is added.
Please note: The new 2-3/4" and 4" Ruger Redhawk barrels are not compatible with a DX front sight base conversion.
1. White-outline, square-notch rear blade with a white-line front blade
2. V-notch, white-post rear blade with tritium dot front blade
RD02K $1,095.00 (stainless)
RD02KB $1,195.00 (blue)
No. RD03 Standard 6-shot .45 Colt conversion The Redhawk is a wonderful vehicle for this grand old cartridge but is now out of production in .45 Colt. These conversions are well suited to the heavy .45 Colt loadings listed in contemporary reloading manuals for the Ruger Blackhawk. The cylinder is rechambered and the barrel rebored to specifications chosen for best accuracy. The barrel is also remarked to reflect the caliber change. Suited to both blue and stainless guns. Other options, such as tuning, shortened barrels, etc., are available.
RD03 $650.00 (stainless)RD03B $750.00 (blue)
No. RD04 .45 Colt ‘Alpine’ Includes all of the features in the standard Alpine and 6-shot .45 Colt conversions. The best and only alternative where a factory .45 Colt gun is unavailable for the Alpine conversion or a blue-finish version is desired.
RD04 $1,450.00 (stainless)RD04B $1,495.00 (blue)
No. RD04K .45 Colt ‘Kodiak’
The combination of a Kodiak and .45 Colt caliber conversion.
RD04K $1,350.00 (stainless)RD04KB $1,475.00 (blue)
No. RD04GP Super Redhawk Alaskan GP-44 Combines the superior action and recoil-handling of the Super Redhawk with the more compact and versatile standard Redhawk. Available in a wide variety of configurations in all factory Alaskan calibers.
RD04GP from $895.00